Emergency Business And Employee Support Payments- July 2021
South Australian businesses have experienced stoppages to their usual business practices, as the state shut down recently for seven days. The South Australian Government has announced a financial support package for businesses and payments to staff who have been unable to work during this time.
This includes the state government's Business Support Package and the Commonwealth Government's COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
The State Government’s Business Support Package includes:
$3,000 cash grant for employing business.
$1,000 cash grant for non-employing businesses.
The eligibility criteria includes:
- Be located within South Australia
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020-21 or 2019-20, and be registered for GST
- Employ people in South Australia
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in 2019-20
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction (compared to the week prior) in turnover due to the restricted trading conditions
Non-employing businesses would not have to meet the ‘employ(ing) people in South Australia’ criteria.
Businesses/Microbusinesses that do not meet the annual turnover of $75,000, might be able to apply for the Commonwealth payment outlined below.
Businesses can register to apply through this link: https://treasury.sa.gov.au/sbg
Noting businesses can’t apply for the grant until they know their losses post-lockdown, so they can meet the 30 per cent reduction in turnover.
FOR INDIVIDUAL WORKERS
The Commonwealth Government’s COVID-19 Disaster Payment is a payment to the workers of businesses that have lost hours as a result of the lockdown.
For workers that have lost:
- 8 to 20 hours (or a full day of work) of work will receive a $375 a week.
- 20+ hours of work will receive a $600 a week payment.
Workers will be able to apply for the payment on myGOV from Wednesday, 28 July. Through this link: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment/how-claim
If you would like to speak with a business advisor at this time, the Polaris Business and Innovation Centre is here to help. You can find out more about us, by heading to www.polariscentre.com.au or alternatively you can email or call us to book in a session with a local Business Advisor on (08) 8260 8205 or email@example.com